It wasn’t till I reached my 40s that I truly understood how readily women’s voices tend to fall into the background. There are so many reasons for this–societal, personal, and often so subtle it’s nearly imperceptible. One goal of this blog is seek out ways for me to help women find their voices. As such, I’m honored to have been nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!
In the name of highlighting the endeavors of women bloggers who’ve made an impression on me, here are my own nominations:
Elle Knowles For reaching out through proactive commenting. Seeing her avatar come up has helped me feel my own voice is being heard. I so relate to her lineup of projects, projects, projects, and I’m glad blogging is on her list.
Lily Pups Life For sharing her stories of living with bipolar. Mental illness is everywhere, but we’re just on the cusp of being able to talk about it. For support, check out the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI).
Quilt Musings For becoming the first follower to make me think, “An artist just noticed my blog!” One of my goals is to connect with fellow creators. Having a legit quilter click one of my links made my day. And her About page made me want to hear more stories of her perspective on life and art.
Amy Sampson For speaking her voice through a starkly beautiful combination of photographs and their backstories.
Bittersweet Sensations For nominating me in the first place. As she herself recommends: Yes, let’s let go of those things we’re afraid of, and keep on blogging.
Comment and let me know about female bloggers who inspire you.
Well, I’ve broken a few of the rules. Even so, I may just find a way to incorporate the questions into another post soon.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions sent to you.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate seven blogs.
- Who was your first crush and what did you like about that person?
- What is something about you that you’re most proud of?
- Where is your safe haven? Why?
- What is your favorite genre in movies?
- If you’d trade a talent with a friend, what would it be and why?
- What is your biggest insecurity?
- Who is the person you like most in the world?
- If you could invent anything but a time machine, what would it be and why?
- Do you have a particular way of making someone feel you love them?
- How do you see yourself in five years?